Project "Together we can do more - to improve the welfare of children at risk in the municipality of Mezdra
Project BG06-202 "Together we can do more - to improve the welfare of children at risk in the municipality of Mezdra" is launched.
On 18.07.2014 was signed Contract № DO3-349 / 18.07.2014 and launched Project BG06-202 "Together we can do more - to improve the welfare of children at risk in the municipality of Mezdra" Component 2 "Children at Risk" Program BG06 "Children and youth at risk" by the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area 2009 -2014 between the Ministry of Education and Science and beneficiary Mezdra Municipality.
The main objective of the project:
Improving the welfare of children at risk in the municipality of Mezdra, creating a suitable environment for the conduct of the educational process as a precondition for successful social and educational integration of disadvantaged children.
The realization of the target will be achieved through the following specific objectives:
• Improving the conditions for equal access to the educational process;
• Additional training 20 teaching professionals and 2 Roma mediators to work with disadvantaged children;
• Appointment of Roma mediators to facilitate the integration of children and families at risk by the Roma minority;
• Conducting additional activities with children, including and ethnic minorities to improve pogotovkata their school, social and language skills of children in vulnerable situations;
• Improving the physical environment in kindergartens, which runs educational process;
• Implement initiatives for social inclusion and mutual understanding of children at risk;
• Involvement of parents and stakeholders in the educational and social realization of children;
• Conducting awareness campaigns to change public attitudes towards greater tolerance for children at risk;
The above basic and specific objectives of this project are fully consistent with the purpose of the "CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE AT RISK" aimed at improving the welfare of children and youth at risk, and with the objective of Component 2 "CARE FOR CHILDREN RISK "to achieve better preparation for school for vulnerable children, including Roma; better social skills of children aged 3-6 years; better language skills in children who speak different from the Bulgarian language.
1. Forming a team and project management.
2. Training of targeted kindergartens and appointment of Roma mediators to work with children at risk.
3. Preparation of tender documentation and equipment supply target kindergartens.
4. Implementation of measures for information and publicity and forums to raise awareness and engagement of stakeholders.
5. Initiatives for social inclusion and mutual understanding of children, including those at risk.
Total project cost: 220 194.00 €
End of the project: 04/30/2016